A Green Campground
LES HIRONDELLES CAMPGROUND LOOKS OUT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT.
Discover the actions taken at our campground in the Dordogne Valley to preserve the environment:
- Use of energy-efficient light bulbs for indoor and outdoor lighting for our rentals and common areas
- Recycling of household waste (a document explaining how to sort your waste will be provided to you on arrival)
- Use of a thermal weeder and a ban on the use of pesticides
- Installation of timed flow taps in our shared washroom facilities, for your comfort and to reduce water consumption
- Use of eco-certified products to clean the toilet and shower block, as well as the common areas and the kitchen
- Limited alterations of the site’s natural appearance when developing or arranging the current landscape with exclusively local plant species, and using only environmentally friendly materials
- Maximized use of local products in the recipes served by the campground’s food service facilities.
All these actions can however lead to certain imperfections (like the presence of grass on the walkways, etc.). As a result, you will be able to observe the benefits of these simple measures for yourself: amongst the wildlife inhabiting the grounds, you can enjoy the warbling of the birds that you may glimpse throughout the day and spot a few squirrels and hedgehogs, or even some deer if you are an early enough riser.
This is why we believe that protecting nature and our health is well worth a little effort!